AFPIDA undertakes by the present confidentiality policy (hereinafter the “Policy“) to process your personal data in a fair and lawful manner and to ensure its security and confidentiality in accordance with the regulations in force concerning the protection of personal data, in particular EU Regulation n°2016/679 of 27 April 2016, (hereinafter the “RGPD“) and Law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978, known as the Law on Information Technology and Civil Liberties, in its most recent version in force (together, hereinafter, the “Regulations relating to Personal Data“).
The purpose of the Policy is to present, in a clear and transparent manner, information concerning the processing of data implemented by AFPIDA within the framework of the operation of the website https://alai-paris2023.org/en/ (hereinafter the “Site“).
AFPIDA may change its Policy in accordance with the regulations relating to Personal Data.
The revised Policy shall be placed on line on the Site with mention of its last date of update.
AFPIDA collects only data that are relevant, adequate and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of the processing.
Categories of personal data
The personal data that AFPIDA processes may include:
- Names, first names;
- Contact details (telephone number; e-mail);
- Employer / organization of affiliation;
- Bank account details;
- IP address of users of the Site and technical navigation information;
- Any other personal data relevant to the purposes set out below.
The cookies present on the Site are the following:
- Mandatory and functional cookies allowing the proper functioning of the Site and the improvement of the user experience (in particular language preference);
- Cookies for audience measurement;
When a cookie that requires your express consent is likely to be deposited on your Internet page, a banner will inform you of its presence. As long as AFPIDA has not obtained your express consent, these cookies cannot be deposited or read on your terminal.
The technical information collected will only be used to track the volume, type and pattern of traffic using the Site, to improve its operation and your navigation, and to remember information about a form filled out on the Site.
You may choose at any time to disable cookies on the Site by setting or deleting cookies on your web browser.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
The processing carried out by AFPIDA shall meet the following determined, explicit and legitimate purposes:
- Registration for the ALAI 2023 Congress organized by AFPIDA;
- Registration for related events (receptions, visits and excursions) organized within the framework of the aforementioned congress;
- Organization and management of the above congress and events as well as the follow-up, notably scientific, of the congress;
- Management of the website.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
The processing is based on the consent of the persons concerned or is justified by the legitimate interests of AFPIDA.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Only persons duly authorised by AFPIDA may access your personal data.
These persons may be members of the association, but also third parties contractually linked to AFPIDA for the organisation of the congress and events, acting as sub-contractors or service providers of AFPIDA, on the latter’s instructions, and who shall have access to personal data solely for the purpose of carrying out the mission that AFPIDA has entrusted to them.
In cases where AFPIDA has recourse to service providers located outside the European Union, we ensure that appropriate measures have been taken to ensure that your personal data benefits from an adequate level of protection.
Nevertheless, personal data held by AFPIDA may be transmitted to any competent authority or body charged with a mission of control or inspection in accordance with Applicable Regulations.
No transfer, sale or rental of this personal data shall take place, whatever the type of data concerned.
DURATION OF CONSERVATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The AFPIDA will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the accomplishment of the purpose(s) pursued, namely the duration of the Congress and two years thereafter, for the purposes of scientific follow-up.
Nevertheless, AFPIDA may be led to keep certain personal data for a longer period in view of legal obligations relating to the archiving of data, the establishment of proof of a right or contract, applicable prescription periods, potential litigation and directives established by the competent data protection authorities.
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
AFPIDA implements all necessary and appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect and secure your personal data, guaranteeing its confidentiality and preserving it from any accidental or illicit destruction, accidental loss, alteration, distribution or unauthorised access.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
In accordance with the Regulation on Personal Data, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data
- Right of access, rectification, updating of your data.
- Right to erase your personal data (or “right to be forgotten”): this right can be implemented in several cases, in particular when the data is used for canvassing purposes, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing, you were a minor at the time of the collection of the data, or the data is no longer necessary with regard to the initial objectives
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time when it is the legal basis for the processing
- Right to limit the processing of your data: this right enables you to ask us to freeze your data when you dispute the accuracy of the data or object to it being processed. AFPIDA will then no longer be able to use the data, but will have to keep it.
- Right to object to the processing of your data: this right is absolute only when the processing is carried out for the purposes of commercial prospection. In other cases, it is possible that AFPIDA may object to this right of opposition if the superior interest of its processing is demonstrated.
- Right to the portability of the data you have provided, when your data is the object of automated processing based on your consent or on a contract
- The right to define the fate of your data after your death and to choose that AFPIDA communicates your data to a third party that you have previously designated
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: any person who considers that the processing of their personal data is not in conformity with the obligations arising from the Regulations relating to Personal Data may lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL), at the following address:
Service des plaintes
3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715
75334 PARIS Cedex 07
If you wish to obtain more information on the Policy or exercise one of the aforementioned rights, or if you have a complaint relating to your personal data, you may send a request by post to the following address:
AFPIDA, c/o Kimbrough et Associés, 51 venue Raymond Poincaré 75116 PARIS
Your request must be accompanied by proof of identity and will be processed within thirty (30) days.
APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The Policy is subject to French law.
In the event of a dispute and failing to reach an amicable agreement, the competent court will be the one determined according to the applicable rules of procedure.